Coconut oil is 60 % to 85% medium-chain triglycerides (higher in virgin coconut oil). The shorter the chain the faster it can be used as energy and no need to be digested by the body.
There are two types of coconut oil: Virgin l or Expeller-pressed.
- Virgin coconut oil still retains the taste of coconut, which does not make it suitable to cook everything.
- Expeller pressed is flavorless, and it can be used for cooking practically anything.
Regardless of the form, they are both antiviral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-protozoal.
How to use it:
- Add it to your coffee in the morning (without sugar or milk) and notice the dramatic increase in mental concentration and energy from it.
- Consume 3 TBS a day by adding it to your cooking and notice the increase in your resistance to colds and the flu.
- Workout out with a two hour empty stomach and then ingest a TBS of either organic unsweetened coconut shavings or a TBS of either virgin or expelled coconut oil in your black coffee for increase performance and fat burning effect. Try it!
- How I use it: I make a pot of organic black coffee and add a TBS of organic coconut oil to the coffee once brewed. I have it in the morning or in the afternoon when I need energy and don't want add the calories. If you are moving your body, you won't store the energy as fat because of it being a medium chain fat.