Exciting, Fall is here! Fall is without a doubt my favorite season of the year. Great food, gatherings, playoff baseball and of course tons and tons of football. But now that the holiday season is about to begin, we want to be sure that we watch how much sugar we eat daily. Real weight loss only happens when we reduce the amounts of sugars we eat. Now when I say sugars, I don't mean to eliminate all of your carbohydrates. You need carbohydrates but the ones that have fiber, ike sweet potatoes, brown rice, veggies, oats and certain fruits - apples are great to snack on all day. McIntosh are my favorite!
Sugars that we want to eliminate or cut back on are sweets, candies, white starches, dairy - yes dairy and all the other hidden sugars that are in foods that you would never think to see.
Foods products that say multi-grain on them or chips and crackers that mentioned "high in fiber", still have sugar. It does not mean you can't eat them? But what it does mean is that if you are eating a lot of protein bars, high fiber crackers and treating yours self to sweets, then you are eating a lot of sugar. Cut bad sugars out, and you lose weight.
Sugars that are hidden in your foods:
- Diastic malt
- Ethyl maltol
- High fructose corn syrup
- Cane sugar
Recently, I had a few of my clients go on a very low sugar diet but with unlimited amount of quality carbohydrates and we were able to create amazing results.
- David - 15lbs,
- Justin S - 11lbs,
- Amanda B - 5lb,
- Josh S - 20lbs
And as Josh says it: "Within 6 months I achieved my weight goal of 190 lbs from 220 lbs however more importantly I had the energy to get back doing the things I had loved doing"
This is how I do it.
- Breakfast: Two eggs with 10 to 12 nuts, sometimes I will through a 1/4 of avocado in.
- Snack: Apple
- Lunch - A protein with a salad or a multi- grain sandwich with a piece of fruit. I usually have a banana. And we know why we want a banana right post workout right? Click here if you forgot.
- Snack: Apple and cashews - 10 to 15 or an apple with almond or cashew butter
- Dinner: Steak or fish, salad with olive oil based type salad dressing and brown rice or sweet potatoe.
- Post dinner snack if I am still hungry - apple or a Greek yogurt.