Cauliflower Mash is my favorite healthy swap for mash potatoes. This recipe is will blow you mind on how good and similar it taste to real mash potatoes. If you are trying to lose weight and or are on a Paleo plan, this is a recipe to have with chicken or my favorite, steak!
Cauliflower Mash Ingredients
- 1lb of cauliflower florets - I basically boil a whole head of cauliflower
- 1 full teaspoon of salt
- 1 tables spoon of grass fed butter
- Almond or coconut milk to give you the thickness you want.
- In a medium saucepan cook cauliflower and the 1 tsp salt, in enough boiling water to cover for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Mash in an electric mixer at low speed or cauliflower in a blender or vita mix. It should be super tender
- Add the 1 tbsp grass fed butter. Season to taste with additional salt and black pepper.
- Gradually beat in enough almond or coconut milk to make mixture light and fluffy to your liking.
- Don't add to much almond or coconut milk at first so that you can control the consistency of it.
- And don't be afraid of the butter.
For new recipes, sign up for my newsletter at www.TaurelFitness.com