Healthy Turkey Eggplant and Zucchini Lasagna
- 1/2 small eggplant, cut lengthwise in 1/4 inch slices
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 small zucchini, cut lengthwise in 1/4 inch slices
- 4 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup of Marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a nonstick cookie sheet with a nonfat vegetable cooking spray. Place eggplant and zucchini slices on the sheet, cover with foil and bake for about 15 minutes or until lice are soft. Remove from oven and set aside.
Heat a skillet over medium heat and coat with nonfat vegetable cooking spray. Place ground turkey coriander, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in the skillet and sauté until brown, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
Lasagna assembly: Lightly spray an oven proof baking dish with nonfat vegetable cooking spray. Alternate layers of backed eggplant, ground turkey marina sauce, and baked zucchini. top with marinara sauce. Repeat the process if necessary.
Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through. Top with fresh chopped basil.