• Why? They make you fat, cause cancers and are not good for you. Enriched means many of the nutrients have been taken out and need to be added back in.
Drink 3 to 4 cups of Green Tea a day
• Why? Green Tea has be proven to increase fat loss. Green tea contains a substance called Catechins that stimulate the body to burn calories and rev up your metabolism. They also have anti-inflammatory effects and anti-cancer properties.
Don’t eat fruit or drink fruit juices for 7 days (except apples).
• Why? Fructose raises insulin levels which makes it easier for the body to store fat.
Eat an apple for a snack.
• Why?Apple have pectin which is an appetite suppressant.
Don’t do steady state cardio. Steady state cardio is the slowest and least effective way to burn fat. What is steady state cardio? Sitting on a bike, jogging on a treadmill or using an elliptical machine for a comfortable pace and a time duration of 30 to 45 minutes.
• Why? It makes you fat. How? By raising cortisol levels. What really matters is the amount of calories you burn after you workout which is why resistance training and interval training are so effective at burning fat. They elevate your metabolism for up to 36 hours. Steady state cardio does NOT!
Do Interval or HITT training.
• Why? Interval training can increase the metabolism for up to 36 hours after you have finished.
Examples: • In a Gym: Get on a bike or a treadmill and warm up for 3 minutes. Then work hard for 2 minutes and easy for 1 minute. Repeat 4 times. • What is hard, a rate of perceived exertion of 7 or 8. Meaning if I were right next to you and asked you how hard you were working from a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the hardest, you wold say 7 or 8. Your breathing when working hard would be Deep and forceful inhalation, labored breathing and can not talk.
Note: If you are on treadmill, the easiest way to do this to raise the incline 3 to 4 levels). • Outside: Run hard for 2 minutes ( sprinting as fast as you can) and walking for 4 minutes or light jogging if you can handle it. Repeat 4 times.
Do Take Fish Oil!
Take 4 to 6 grams of fish oil every day.
• Why? It stops inflammation, lowers heart disease, lowers blood pressure, helps with joint pain, helps prevent cancer, raises serotonin which is the happy feeling hormone (depression) and turns ON the fat burning cells and turns OFF the fat storing cells.