Cauliflower is loaded with vitamin C. Cauliflower is also a superb source of potassium. Skip the oranges and bananas post workout, and roast, boil, steam, or just eat raw, some of this nutritionally dense vegetable.
Cauliflower is also great for your digestive health. A cup of boiled cauliflower delivers about 3.35 g of dietary fiber, which helps clean your digestive system and gets rid of unnecessary substances. Additionally, a substance called glucoraphin is present in it as well, and this appears to have a protective effect on your stomach lining.
New Cauliflower Mash Recipe:
- 3 Cups Cauliflower
- 1 Large Apple
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 TBS of Chopped Chives
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- Steam the cauliflower and apple together for about 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 415F.
- Mash them together with the oil and spices.
- Place the mash into a bowl that goes into the oven, add some cinnamon on top, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chopped chives on top.